It has been forever since I have been on here. I am going to change that very soon. But I just had to ype out a sweet moment for posterity sake. Jordan has become a little liar. I am not sure that she knows why it is wrong, but knows that it is a sin and that we as her mom and dad don't like it either. But in church on Sunday she started writing her name on a prayer request card. I asked her if she wanted the pastor to pray for something and explained that she would put it in the offering plate when it came by. She wrote: "Please pray that God would help me to not lie." Oh.my.goodness. There is nothing more beautiful than seeing your child's young heart being molded by the best potter ever. It is also a huge reminder that it is by grace we are saved. I don't do my spiritual duty enough with the kids. But God still works regardless. It is by grace we are saved by faith, and this is not of yourselves! Thank you to the apostle Paul for that gem.
Yesterday JW drove me absolutely nuts. I mean, he was in time out no less than 20 times. At one point Micah scratched and/or hit and/or pushed him. I sent her to timeout and made her say sorry to JW when she came back. She did and he embraced her with a huge bear hug. I smiled one of my few parenting smiles of the day, giggled a little, then hoped beyond all hope that JW didn't topple over on top of Micah. Did I mention he is 39 inches now? His doc says if he remains on his growth curve he will be close to 41 inches at his 3 year checkup. Um, that is the size of a 4.5-5 year old. Can we say "LINEBACKER!" He is a big, huge, very much thinning out, thick boy who has the coordination of a 15 month old haha!
2 comments:
I'm glad for an update! I've missed you!
Ditto! So glad for the update. And OMG- I cannot believe how big JW is. Caleb is only about 47 & 1/2 inches tall. He is 7 today. If JW keeps it up, he will be as tall as Caleb real soon!
Post a Comment