You said, "Ask and you will receive whatever you need."
You said, "Pray and I'll hear from heaven, and I'll heal your land."
You said your glory will fill the earth like water the sea.
You said "Lift up your eyes," the harvest is here, the kingdom is near.
You said "Ask and I'll give the nations to you."
O Lord, that's the cry of my heart.
Distant shores and the islands will see your light as it rises on us.
Probably a lot of people have heard this song. I will admit that each time I hear it and sing it I am in tears. For one, it is convicting. It makes me question if the cry of my heart is weak. What do I dare to ask of my God? Am I content with reqeusting a bigger house when their is a harvest that needs to be reaped? Ashamedly, I musst admit that the cry of my heart is indeed shallow. Yes, I would like bigger space. It may be considered a need. We need a van. I would say that is a need. I would also say that considering I do at least 10 loads of laundry a week and our washer just broke, well, a washing machine is a need. Really though? I am the kid who is content with mud pies when the Lord has an entire beach to bask in. So tonight as we sang this song I once again found myself longing for poverty to end and for the crack houses of telfair street to one day be inhabited by a family of believers. I so badly want to see the children of those crack dealers won over to Christ so that the cycle of poverty and drugs will once and for all end with them.
Lord, you say that your heart breaks for the nations. You say that your son died for the nations. Let it be in my family, allow our hearts to cry out for your son to be glorified in the nations. Bring Jordan, Micah, and JW to know you early so that they may profess your fullness to hungry, broke, and begging people. I confess that I am too often satisfied to pray for the temporary. Thank you for faithfully starving us for days, sometimes weeks and months on end so that we would be satisfied with only you.
2 comments:
Thank you for sharing your heart, it's exactly what my heart needed to hear! Continue to share your passion and live your legacy of love and I know your children and your childrens' children will have the same cry of your heart.
As grandparents, we are very proud of Shannon and her faithful husband, Scott. Shannon has been a strong believer in Jesus as her Lord from childhood. Scott is a most worthy pardner who takes his fatherhood responsibilities most seriously. It is not at all surprising that Shannon and Scott have adopted children who needed parents, no matter the inconsequence of race. Their children adore them, and they are both very loving with their children. God Bless this family for they are evidence that love is in the land.
Post a Comment