My big girl is so grown up these days. She is fiercely independent, ornery, and yet very cuddly. Of course the cuddly part could stem from a hint of jealousy, but we won't go into that.

She can put her own shoes and socks on.

She tries desperately to dress herself. She is unsucessful the majority of the time though. She loves ballet, so this particular day she wanted to put her ballet gear on. She put her leotard on over her long sleeved dress by pulling the bottom of the dress up over her shoulders. Then her tights went on over the leotard.

That Julia Roberts 1000 watt smile of hers still melts my heart.

Big Boy is truly big. This is no illusion or weird angle of a picture. His head truly is that large. He is anywhere from the 90th to off the charts for both height and weight. He is our little/big linebacker.

He has the best smile possible :)

He wants to be held all.the.time. Today he fell asleep in the ergo while on a family walk. He really is a lap baby.

He reaches for whoever passes by, as if to say "Please pick me up." Aunt Amber falls for it every time.

A few days short of her 6 month birthday, this little cutie is crawling and into everything. Her favorite thing to chew on is a cord. Yes, she will keep me on my toes.

She loves the exersaucer. She and Big Boy chew on all the same toys.

Aunt Amanda has fallen under her spell.

She loves to sit up and play with toys. This girl is active!

Someone else likes to steal the babies' toys from them...but that is another story.

Baby girl is loved my all, especially her Grandma Bob.

I am hoping that one day she will smile for the camera instead of just doing this same look every time I pull out the camera:

Halloween came and went; Jordan is still talking about wanting to go to a halloween party. At my mom's annual pumpkin party the kids decorated pumpkins with stickers, markers, and crayons.


Baby Emma was adorable in her fairy costume.

One of her brother's was a scary something or other that involved a scream mask.


Emma enjoyed much of her time doing a little digging for gold.

Jordan wore off a good amount of energy by just running. She ran after the other kids; she ran after the dogs. She just ran by herself while saying "Mama look! I'm running!" The need to point out the obvious must be a 3 year old milestone or something.
I have determined that I do, indeed, have the yellowest teeth on the face of the earth. And no, I do not have a problem with exaggeration. This is the truth; me teeth could pass for corn kernals.
And once again, another holiday passed during which I failed to get a family picture. That will change on Saturday because I am chosing to spend a couple hours torturing Scott at the Picure People. ugh. I truly dislike that darn chain. I love my photography and my style of photography. Too bad my kids will not sit still for mom the photographer. I am hoping the Picture People can do better than I did today. This is the best of the 20 or so I snapped in 5 minutes. Why only 5 minutes? Because for each and every second of that 5 minutes, one of the three was crying. No lie. At one point all three were crying. Too bad I couldn't get that on camera. Trust me, if I had, it would be my Christmas card. The caption could read "May God bless you richly in 2010 as he has blessed us in 2009." Or if I want to go completely the other direction I could say "You better not pout; you better not cry..." But alas, I couldn't even capture all three crying at one time. Come on kids! Work with me here!

I really hate this picture. The color is off, the exposure is off, there is a huge sunbeam in my shot, etc. And, one of my biggest pet peeves when it comes to pictures is seeing the bottom of someone's shoes straight on. I just think it looks ugly. Jordan would not sit indian style.
3 comments:
They are gorgeous! I just love looking at all of their pictures. The one of the 3 of them is awesome...even if they weren't in the best of spirits.
i love that picture of them! and looking at their outfits, the headband will be perfect!
LOVED all the pictures! Did your parents adopt their foster girls? I remember at one point you couldn't post their pictures. :) We had a false alarm yesterday with our foster agency. :( :( I'm beginning to get a taste of how you felt all those months/years awaiting your little miracles. The kids are absolutely beautiful! Can't wait to see the family pic!
Post a Comment