Friday, October 23, 2009

Seeing God In the Little Things

Not only does God show himself to me in big ways (such as the adoption of our kiddos), but he reveals himself in tiny things as well. The other day Scott and I went out for chinese food. I don't like chinese personally, but Scott loves it so I gave in. We eat; we enjoy...well, Scott enjoys. Then the chinese man comes and gives us two fortune cookies and proceeds to tell us that someone took care of our tab. At this point I am shocked. We didn't know anyone in the restaurant; maybe someone knew of us, or maybe not. It doesn't matter. What does matter is that a stranger paid for our meals. Wow! Thank you Lord! I have been reminded today through reading the Jesus Storybook Bible to Jordan that God created us and loves us very much. It was a very simple reminder that is backed up by the very fact that he provided free chinese food this week.

I see God in the hands that carefully sculpt these cute little cowgirl booties. They are cute on film...er, digital film...but trust me, they are way cuter in real life.


I see God's loving touch in every single roll on Big Boy's body. And trust me, there is a lot of loving touch to behold :)


I behold my great God in the tiny drool drop on Micah's chin...


and in her sausage link looking toes, which must taste like chocolate because they are ALWAYS in her mouth.


I watch God in the way Jordan loves her baby sister.


I also see his sense of humor in the unending torture of JW at the hands of his "little" sister, who not only loves to eat her toes, but loves to eat anything of JW's.


Yes, God is all around. I need not look very far.

2 comments:

Amalia said...

Gorgeous pictures and thanks for the reminder. God really is everywhere :)

Kevin and Tara said...

If it weren't for the little things,there would never be "big" things. I'm thankful that God is in the little ones...