Sunday, October 18, 2009

You Need This Bible

I honestly think this is the best children's Bible you could possibly own. We started with The Big Picture Story Bible and while it is wonderful, it focuses a lot on God's punishment of sin. While God's punishment of sin is real, his love for sinful creatures is even more real. The Jesus Storybook Bible ends every chapter with a reminder that God cam to redeem the lost. It is such an awesome reminder to me, even as I read it to Jordan, that he is good even though I am not. My old seminary neighbor...literal neighbors...they lived next door to us and infested our place with termites:) Okay, so maybe that wasn't her fault and maybe we weren't totally infested. She did, however, throw a mean pumpkin carving party for us wild and crazy seminary students...Anyway, she is giving away 2 of these Bibles in honor of her soon to be 2 year old. Go to her blog and post a comment and you will be entered to win! If you don't win, buy it. You won't regret it. Go to my favorite blogs list and click on The Blue Hutch. The post about the giveaway is there somewhere. Just look for it.

2 comments:

City Grace said...

We love that Bible too! It is Awesome!

Kevin and Tara said...

We have it and give it away as gifts and refer it to many of our friends who now own it :) I think we should get commission or something for every friend we refer!