Last night I attending a little Girls Night Out, and the guest speaker talked about parenting. I piped up and asked if it is possible to royally fail your children on both a daily basis and in the long run. Then a few other moms felt comfort in knowing they weren't alone in their fears and spoke up. I think it is safe to say that our intensity acted as birth control for those poor girls who have yet to have kids. Girls, this is indeed the hardest time of a mom's life. Young kids are just difficult, pushy, mean, and bossy. But there is always at least one time of day when they are sweet too. I know I can count on at least one. One doesn't sound like much considering the other 99 times are times of discipline or distress. But rest assured, we live for those rare sweet moments. Like right now...JW and Micah are on the floor kicking their legs like they were flailing fish out of water. Just a cute moment to get me through the next hour until bedtime. This hour is otherwise known as the witching hour, evil hour, or the longest hour of the day. But girls without kids, being a mom really is good haha! I bet this post makes you want kids about as badly as I want to break up another fight LOL :)
On another cute but kid note, JW has learned how to spit. And in fine boy fashion he comes right up to my face to do it, leaving spit on me and a bunch of slobber on his chin and shirt. Soon this spitting will accompany cars crashing into eachother or some super hero taking flight. Ah, boys.
Now, who wants to come babysit my three blessings so I can go get some much needed icecream with Scott? I promise you will be tired and covered in spit...maybe poop too. But at least you get paid for it! HA! (Please sense the sarcasm in this entire post. If you don't, I just come across as mean and ungrateful. Jordan might say I am mean, but she would agree that I am never ungrateful! I beg to differ on the mean part. I am, however, probably one of the most sarcastic people you will ever meet.)
No comments:
Post a Comment