Thursday, July 9, 2009

Contest anyone?

I am itching to do a photo session. Call it being cooped up in the house too long, call it sheer exhaustion, r call it just being nice, but I have the photography bug and have no new sessions set up until October. So leave me a comment with your funniest kid story. I'll pick a winner in a week...or so. With 3 kids under 3, one week could stretch out to two. But rest assured, I'll pick a winner eventually. If you don't have a blogger account, you can leave a story as an anonymous comment. Just be sure to leave your name in your comment. What will the winner receive? A free photo session and some free pictures thrown in as well. It kind of depends on how charitable I am feeling that day, but I know I will give at least an 8x12 and a 5x7. $100 value people! So comment away! Tell me some funny stories! Right now I am so so so very tired that I need a good laugh :)

Did I mention how tired I am? Two babies is no joke.

6 comments:

The Scogins said...

OK, so I don't have a funny kid stories for you yet, but I do have some super good news, and I'd love the chance to win a photo shoot with you! We got a call from JFT last week...a birth mother has picked us and she's due tomorrow! Of course we won't know anything for sure until it's all said and done, but we're super excited and have started gathering our baby gear. I'll be sure and update you when and if this baby comes home.

BKicklighter said...

I was so exhausted Wednesday and my kids were filthy, so I threw all three in the tub at once. Everything was going well until . . . (yes, the dreaded word until) the youngest pooped in the tub. I yelled, "nobody move!" and then "Everybody out" - which, yelling contradicting statements like that was NOT helpful with all the special needs in that tub. It's funny what is funny when you put 48 hours between you and the incident!

I know you can't give us the photo shoot, but I just thought I would share *wink*

Kevin and Tara said...

Ok so since I am DYING to win this prize because I LOVE your pictures (did I mention I'll be good advertising for you?? :) here are a couple of funny things our oldest has said lately. I keep track of them by writing them in notebooks so they can look back on them one day...

One morning Ashtyn kept singing a song over and over. It was starting to annoy me but I held my tongue because I didn't want to tell her to stop. Just as soon as I did that she remarked, "Oh! This song is stuck to my head!"

"It feels like it takes a long time to get to heaven, like waiting to go to the beach." Ashtyn (5)

One Sunday, Kevin gave Ashtyn some coins for the offering. She leaned over to me and said "I just gave Jesus my money! What's he going to do with it?"

During bedtime, I was praying with Ashtyn and being very careful to whisper because her sister in the bunkbed below was already sleeping. After I whispered my prayer she said, "Does God hear us when we whisper?"

Ashley said...

So here's a story about my husband not of one of mine.

My husband was a serious little boy. To try and lighten him up a bit his grandmother asked him, "What's worse than finding a worm in your apple?" My husband replied, "Going to hell." Very matter of fact!
And of course the answer is, "Finding half a worm in your apple!"
His grandmother was left speechless :-)
Anyway, not sure if you do shoots for out of town people but I saw this post on Nicole's blog and thought I'd share a funny story to lighten you up! Hope you get some rest.

City Grace said...

so, instead of a story, i have a picture...maria "taking the baby's temperature". here's the link:
http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b9d934b3127ccec7cbd25cdcfb00000050O00BctG7ds4ZMQe3nwQ/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

Natalie said...

I feel like lately I am so negative. All I can think of is how stressed or angry I have been (that sounds terribly ungrateful for all I have been given) So I had a come to Jesus moment when L, my oldest looked at me and said, "mommy why are you making that mean face?", I was crushed, how could I not realize I was being so expressive. It made me realize I REALLY needed to lean on God and work on an attitude change! By the way my answer was truthful: I was feeling stressed and upset. I confessed then and there to the Lord and had Leanora watch and listen to me. Not funny really :)
-Natalie