Saturday, December 26, 2009

Twist and Shout!

Merry Christmas everyone! We have a lot to be thankful for this season. Our family grew by leaps and bounds overnight. God provided over $18,000 through giving and grants, which totally paid for our surprise JW. We were able to pay for him in cash within the 6 months the lawyer gave us to pay him off. Gosh, we knew God would have to do something absolutely spectacular when we accepted both babies, and we knew that meant he would have to provide a ton of money, but in my heart I doubted a little. O ye of little faith! So we rejoice in the faithfulness of God this season! This big huge boy is paid for! (This guy is also wearing pink due to a certain mom being behind on laundry and has a huge glob of snot smeared across his face. You can just ignore those two little oddities!)

How about this picture. It is a little less gross, and less pink.


On Christmas Eve Scott and I were surprised by a very nice and rather large gift in our driveway. I have one very bad picture of it, but you get the idea.

A van! We were given a van, title and all! Some friends knew we were looking and God used them to provide for us. Not only did they give us a van, they have allowed us to sell one of our cars and take the money and pay down dear Micah. How awesome is our Lord? We were going to sell a car and buy a very very VERY cheap van, but now we will paying Micah off just a tad. We are still in awe of how God has once again shown us his faithfulness.

A few days ago I sat Jordan in front of the tv with every possible form of junk food made and did this to her hair.

It took 2.5 hours and made my fingers very tired. But it was worth it. I love it! Jordan is a little unsure because her hair now moves haha! It hasn't moved before so she is a little taken off guard :)

Christmas Eve was complete with baking frosting cookies made by Jordan and me the night before. The sweetest thing happened after making the cookies. I didn't want to make the cookies. It was a long day and Jordan tested me all day. I was looking forward to putting her to bed. But I changed my mind and so we cut the cookies. As we said her bedtime prayers she said "God, thank you for cooking cookies." It melted my heart. I didn't ask her to pray; she just offered up this sweet prayer on her own. I'd like to think she was thanking God for time with me, but I really think she was thanking God for cookies. She is a bit of a sweetaholic. So here she is frosting away.


Even Micah got in on the action by chewing on a butter knife with frosting on it. Oh wow, how much more relaxed I am as a second time mom. I would have never let Jordan do this!


Have you seen the bumper sticker that says "Socialism: Trickle up poverty"? Well, I call this picture "trickle up torture." Micah torments her little/big brother, and Jordan tortures Micah. You can't really tell, but Micah is not too thrilled to be held by her sister. (And yes, I just wanted an excuse to throw in that socialism quote. I love it.)


And now, for Christmas Day. I bought a ball popper for the babies and Jordan won't leave it alone. She loves it! I should have saved all the money I spent and just bought them all the ball popper to share.





And this is what JW thinks of the ball popper. It makes a good chew toy.

By the way, see that white stuff in JW's hair? That would be Micah's snot. She is STILL snotty. She has been on two antibiotics and is now starting zyrtec daily. Pray this works. If it doesn't I am kind of at a loss. She has been a snotty mess for 7 or 8 weeks now. I have lost count.

Hope everyone had an awesome day celebrating the birth of Jesus :)

3 comments:

Shannon said...

I just played with that ball popper at a friend's house with their kids. It's amazingly fun!!!

Keith and Kathryn said...

My kids (including Keith) loved our ball popper. I just gave one to our neice tonight and it was a hit. That must be the best toy ever! :)

Marian said...

Hi Shannon, I'm new to your blog and just want to tell you that your family is beautiful & as I read your story about God providing the money for you it brought back so many memories for me (we too adopted and God provided in unbelievable ways) God is so good!!! Grace & Peace