...it is the end of this day. Right now I am sitting on the couch blogging with Mollie Dog snoring next to me. My senses are overtaken by the smell of pee. urine. Gross. Jordan hasn't napped in forever, but she was diagnosed with an ear and sinus infection yesterday. That means that today during "rest time" she fell asleep watching tv. She fell asleep in my bed and wet the bed. Big time wet the bed. At nearly five years old she is nowhere near being able to sleep without a pullup. She is just a really heavy sleeper, as is evidenced by her accidental nap and pee. So anyway, she wet the bed then got up and sat on the couch with me while I was zonked out. I was zonked out because it was a rough morning. So rough that the babies never made it out of their pajamas. Now my couch smells like pee and I can't get it out. I am sure that eventually, after washing with baking soda and various other shampoos, I will be able to get it out. But in the meantime, yuck.
Why was my morning rough? Due to Jordan being sick I assumed she wouldn't want to go to school. At 8:00 I was informed by the princess herself that she just had to go to school because she NEEDED to show her little friend Ashlyn her new pink cowboy boots. The boots, which she affectionately calls "bootsie boots" are a size too big but she refuses to let me exchange them. That would mean they would have to leave her feet. As we are rushing around trying to get out the door I hit the kitchen doorframe just right which caused a chain of events that resulted in pyrex dishes falling out of my cabinet and two of them shattered into hundreds of pieces which spread out all over the kitchen. Humph. I cleaned up the big pieces, scurried out the door and hoped to get the girl to carline dropoff in time. Seeing as I managed to somehow do this (which did mean that all of us but Jordan were in pajamas) I wanted to reward myself with a chocolate donut. Eh, who can eat just one, right? So I got 6. Once getting home I placed them on the ironing board so I could clean up glass. Then I got distracted and decided to make homemade bread. It was easy and fun but while I was kneeding JW pulled down my box of donuts and mauled each and every one. After cleaning up that mess it was time to pick up big sis. We get home and I put my dough into bread pans for rising. Babies go down for a nap and so did Jordan (oops). After nap I am cleaning the matress, washing sheets, folding 4 loads of laundry, and now I am about to go make the bed and clean up the dinner mess. I am wiped out. So tired I could cry. I am so glad this day is over.
A book I am reading says that motherhood is "my calling, my struggle, and my goal." I agree. If anyone ever thinks that stay at home moms have it easy they are so wrong. This is by far the hardest thing I have ever done. I am challenged daily to be godly in front of those whom it is easiest to be the least godly around. My sin is in my face at every second of the day. Then, when it is all done I have a husband who asks for a back rub or for his pants to be ironed. I struggle daily with balancing it all. I hope that when I look back on this time in my life that I am proud of how I did it. Though knowing me, who is hardest on me, I won't be. Oh sin...I can't wait to defeat you for good!
1 comment:
Wow...what a day!! Hopefully tomorrow will be a little less eventful for you! I understand about the smell of pee. My 4 1/2 year old is also one of those heavy sleepers and can't make it through a nap (which rarely happens anyway) or nighttime without soaking a pullup.
*hugs* I loved your defeating sin comment at the end! Don't you just love sanctification? =)
Post a Comment