Saturday, September 24, 2011

MIA SAHM

Does anyone need a rundown on what that title means?  It means this: "Missing in action stay at home mom."  That is me.  To say I am a stay at home mom would be a joke.  Though yes, technically this is what I do, but I am never ever home.  A typical week looks something like this:
Everyday Jordan is dropped off at school at 8 and has to be picked up at 12. 
Mondays JW has speech therapy at 9.  So after dropping off J I rush home and get the two little ones presentable.  It is more important that they look good than me.  I showered the day before, because it was Sunday.  So I pull my hair up into a pony tail and spray on a little perfume and call myself body odor free.  Since I am already out I usually run a couple errands, but not much because errands with two 2 year olds is not easy on the mind or the body.  This Monday Jordan also has a doc appointment at 1:45 for her checkup and flu mist.  So, lucky me gets to take 3 tired kids to the doctor.  That is nap time so it should be a less than enjoyable experience.  Tuesdays I fold laundry and clean while Jordan is at school.  Wednesday mornings I have Bible study from 9:30-11:30, then every other week I have counseling for my mental instability and general lack of ability to cope with life at 12.  My mom is kind enough to pick up Jordan from school on Wednesdays.  Then, that night Mollie Dog has obedience training at 6:30.  Thursdays Jordan has ballet at 5:15.  And Friday nights once a month Jordan and I are doing a mother/daughter Bible study.  It is so worth it.  There is also another day during the week that laundry has to be done (a typical week involves 15 loads of laundry).  This week that day is today.  Most days dinner isn't made.  Most days I am not showered.  That is one plus to aging...my hair can finally go a couple days without being washed.  Most days I am in my pajamas for the majority of the day.  And most days I am exhausted all day long.  So that is why I have been MIA from my blog.  I actually miss it.  I miss taking pictures, but even that is something that has fallen by the wayside.  I just don't have time anymore.  So if you ever come to my house you must promise to ignore the tumbleweeds of dog hair on the floor, be understanding of all the crying because if it isn't me it is a kid, and if it stinks like poop, more than likely someone has a poopy diaper that I have been ignoring for an hour.  You can change it if you want, though I would advise not doing that haha.  Just ignore that smell too. 

Just a little update from my side of the river.  I could just use prayers for energy and rest.  Physically I am exhausted.  I get tired of hearing people say "You are in such a hard stage."  Yes, I am.  I agree.  However, I don't think that the things that I am currently dealing with are normal "mom of young kids things."  I will not go into detail on a public blog, but I do know that God offers help through counselors and I am taking him up on that.  Eventually I will put up some pictures.  I have taken some cute ones.  JW is in a size 3 or 4, depending on the brand and wears a size 10 shoe.  Jordan just wore 10's last summer.  He comes up to Jordan's mouth...just a big kid.  They wear me out haha!  I feel I need to spend more time with them; but when?  There are already tons of things that don't get done, like dinner and cleaning.  I rarely clean anymore.  I will figure it out as I go.  I just don't want them to feel like they don't have memories with me because life was so crazy.  Well, that was a little more personal than I wanted it to be.  But it is what it is.  I am generally an open book.  I adore my kids and love them more than anything I can put into words.  I am so thankful for them.  God has blessed me for sure! 

No comments: