Monday, January 4, 2010

2009 In Review

What a wonderful year it was! God was so good to us and proved that he is indeed faithful even when we are not. I just don't know how one makes it through life without God. I don't think I have very many goals for 2010. Seriously, my goals are pretty short term nowadays: make it to naptime then make it to bed time. But after listening to the song Beautiful You (not sure of the artist, but it is a Christian song) I am sure that one of my goals will be to deeply root myself in God in order to find my beauty in him. And, now that I have 2 girls, I am even more sure that I need to begin teaching them of the beautiful creatures they are in our Lord as well. God gave us an innate desire to be found beautiful. There isn't anything wrong with that; it is just where we find that beauty that becomes the problem. I also want to spend more time reading the Bible with all three of my kids. We read with Jordan every night, but as much as she LOVES to read I wonder why I don't take more advantage of it.

My second goal for 2010 is to become even better at my lovely hobby of taking pictures. I mean, I think I am pretty good as it is, but there is always room for improvement. I need to get better at taking pics outside with the flash (during midday...that is always tough). I also want to find a wall in my house that I can paint white so I can put my kids against it and take gorgeous black and whites. That might be kind of hard considering my love for color, but I will try anyway.
Here is a year in review of my favorite pictures. I am going to try very very hard to pick my favorite picture for each month. I am hoping I can see my own progression in photography by looking back.

January: Jordan went through the phase where she wanted to wear hats.

February: I can't decide. Both focus on the eyes, but in very different ways.


March: still my favorite shoot ever, which is why I can't pick just one! I can't believe these pics are almost a year old. It means my baby is getting older and it also means that spring is around the corner.




April: I have to pat myself on the back for this one. This is straight out of the camera. No editing done at all :)

And I love this one too. Isn't she gorgeous?

May: Hadley gets my vote.

June: purely for centimental's sake

July:

August:


September: Ellie...need I say more?

October: These aren't great pictures, but you sure cannot deny the humor in JW's rolls haha! He has slimmed down since then.


November:


December:
I had several from this shoot that I really liked. I couldn't pick; but here is one of my favorites.

and for art's sake:


Here's to another great year! Can you believe that hubby is already talking about adopting #4? Slow down, buddy! Let me get past the yucky stage of wearing baby poop and puke, then we will talk about the next one.

No comments: