Monday, October 11, 2010
Pluck
I am up at 1:15 a.m. because I have insomnia. I have had it since we brought Jordan home. Drives me crazy. I normally take ambien, but I ran out and have to go back to the doc on Friday for another refill. When I am sleep deprived my anxiety kicks in. So I am kind of miserable right now. That is a whole other annoying story in itself, but anyway. I have some life altering news for you. It is of the upmost importance and has been weighing heavily on me since last night. Last night, around 2:00 in the morning, I found it. I thought I was going to get lucky and avoid it for just a little while longer. But alas, time has caught up with me. It was a grey hair. I think a single grey hair is like seeing a single roach: there is no doubt that where there is one there are one hundred. Like all the other tragic things that have happened to me this past year, things like becoming forgetful and dressing like a hobo on a daily basis, I blame the babies. The amount of work that twins require shows on my face daily in the form of bags under my eyes and now in the form of grey hair. I plucked that one grey hair out of my head then left the mirror. I don't want to know where the other 99 are lurking.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment