Here is a little background: we are all tired. It is bed time. Jordan just pitched a fit because, of all things, it was too hard to go find her pull up for bed, then it was even harder to find her bear. (Things are seemingly harder for her these days. THe other day she pulled out her 100 or so flash cards, but only after I reminded her that they would have to be cleaned up. So she proceeded to play with them, albeit, neatly. Before lunch I asked her to clean them up which lead to a 20 minute whine fest about how hard it is to pick up the cards. "Mama, it is just too hard. Would you help me?" No, I am not helping her. She has simply forgotten how to help herself. I looked at her and she is half wilting away and half picking up ONE CARD AT A TIME and putting it in the bag. She once again asked for help. I went over, picked up about 20, threw them in the bag and said, "There, I helped. Now finish!" It is like the time she told me should couldn't sleep because there was hair on the floor of her room. "Honey, there is hair on your head too, now go to bed." When will she realize that I am smarter than her? I can't claim that for long, but for now I can. And I do. But I digress.) Soooooo, she finally found her bear and I asked if she could help me clean up her crayons before going to bed. This is her chore. She cleans up all the toys before bed time, even if she never played with it. Evidently she didn't want to clean up because she actually told me no then ran away. Since I was basically done and she was running in the direction of her father I figured it would be taken care of by him. At that time I hear her fall and start crying. "Did you hurt your bottom?" Scott was sympathetic. I was not. I was picking up HER paper off the floor when she ran away from me and...wait for it...slipped on a piece of paper in the hallway and landed on her butt. Righteous justice. Sometimes the natural consequences of sin are better than anything I could have done as her mom. Way to go God!
And yes, I will be posting pics this week. Finally. I have a filthy house which needs to be cleaned. But in my "free time" I will edit and post. yay!
1 comment:
Pictures please. Pictures please. Pictures please. With sugar on top?
I hope you are well.
Loved your last post.
Post a Comment