Today our neighbor two doors down sent her son to our house for a can of corn. His mom is a single mom of 3 kids, one of which is special needs (I think...I really hope I am not wrong about that). I have scolded her children for riding their bikes in our yard and our neighbor's yard. I have also thanked them for listening to my request and no longer using our yard as their bike path. I just wanted them to notice that they respected me enough to do what I asked. Scott has jumped off their mom's car several times. From what I gather she works at least two jobs while going to school at night. I have often prayed for her and her kids. What can I say, God has put them on my heart. I am just thankful that her son came to ask for that corn. It shows me that God has indeed instilled favor in her eyes for us. Now may he give us many conversations with her that revolve around his goodness and grace. THis God we serve is the Prince of Peace, the one who came to rescue and redeem, and he loves the single mom two doors down.
Dear Heavenly Father, thank you for all the ways you have provided for my family through Scott. Thank you for not calling me to be a widow raising young children. I don't know why she is raising kids alone, but Lord, may she find you shortly so that she can cast all her cares and burdens upon you in exchange for your light load. Your yoke is easy and your load is light. Give me opportunities even this week to minister to her so that she can begin to see that there is something in me that she needs and wants. You are so good! Forgive me of all my sins, the sins committed both in secret and in the light, sins of lust and envy, sins of laziness and perfectionism. Break me of this and use me on this street. Amen.
1 comment:
"LIKE!"
Post a Comment