Ugh. I have a lot on my mind tonight. I won't post it all, but I at least want to get my thoughts out there. I'll stir over it a few days before coming back. Number one: I just watched this on MTV called No Easy Decision. It followed a young couple as they pursue abortion as her choice for an unplanned pregnancy. It broke my heart into a thousand pieces. Her boyfriend was much less emotionally tied to the pregnancy becuase he views it as a blob of cells, a "thing" is what he refers to the baby as. The girl, through tears said "that 'thing' would have become this" as she points at her 8 month old baby. It didn't have 10 fingers and toes yet, but it was more than a thing, and this mom knew that.
Then, this morning while traveling home from Scott's parents we listed to Laura Ingram speak on the genocide on black babies that is commonly called abortion. She spoke with the cofounder of Radiance.org (amazing organization). 37%, THIRTY SEVEN PERCENT of all abortions performed are performed on a black woman. Millions and millions of babies that could have been doctors, lawyers, mothers, missionaires, car salesmam/woman, teachers, etc. Millions and millions of children who could have been productive members of society are never given the chance. Yet when an extreme pro-choicer is asked about this the response is that these children would have more than likely been born into poverty and probably wouldn't have ever outlived the poverty. Um, so this means it is better for the child to never have lived rather than allowing life and giving them the opportunity to actually rise above the circumstances. This doesn't add up to me.
The last thing I heard today that really hit me hard was what the pro-choice momvement has done to men and their view of responsibility. Basically, a baby is conceived yet they have no responsibility. The responsibility is on the woman to make whatever decision she wants. At that point the man can decide how much involvement he wants to have. He is taken completely out of the equation. He has no say. If he says "Don't do it." he better hope he has a girlfriend who cares what he wants too. Some girls don't care and will do what they want to do. What this has ultimately lead to is the idea that men don't have to be responsible which has since led to the fatherless home. It is the home where money is sent every once in a while, where the father will say "I take care of my kids" but all that really means is "I send my baby mama money when I have it." That is as far as the "taking care" goes. Ugh. Just Ugh. Thank you Planned Parenthood. You have ruined so many lives that didn't even step foot in your office.
MY KIDS ARE PROOF THAT THERE ARE OPTIONS THAT END IN TRUE HEALING FOR BOTH MOM, DAD, AND BABY. ADOPTION HEALS WOUNDS OF INFERTILITY OF THOSE OF US WHO ARE ADOPTING CHILDREN. TRANSRACIAL ADOPTION HEALS RACIAL SCARS IN OUR TOWN AND IN OUR NEIGHBORHOOD. TO CHOOSE ADOPTION WOULD BE HARD. BUT IN THE LONG RUN, WHICH WILL YOU LIVE WITH MORE REGRETS OVER: ADOPTION OR ABORTION. THE REGRET YOU LIVE WITH IN ABORTION WILL BE THAT YOU ENDED A LIFE. IN ADOPTION THE REGRET (IF ANY) MAY BE THAT SOMEONE ELSE IS RAISING YOUR BABY. BUT UNLIKE IN ABORTION, THERE IS A LIFE TO REJOICE OVER IN ADOPTION. CHOOSE ADOPTION! PLEASE! THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS AN UNWANTED BABY.
2 comments:
Amen. Thinking about this whole issue brings me to tears everytime.
Me too. I saw the episode of No decision... too. I cried through the whole thing and eventually turned it off when the after interviews are being done. This topic is so hard to think about, but we MUST address it. Adoption is so selfless and loving really on the birth mom and the adoptive parents. It is important to speak out. I respect you and Scott so much for you decision to adopt and give love to your 3 beautiful babies, but I know that ya'll are the ones that feel truly blessed too. Like you said there is healing on both sides. ps.i have loved watching your kids grow and hear there funny antics.
Post a Comment