For years and years in college I would beg God to reveal his glory in and through my life. Niavely, I assumed I was praying that God would bring people to himself through me. Yes, that is part of God revealing his glory; afterall, there is nothing better or more good than seeing the lame leap and the blind see. But now as an adult I realize that God reveals his glory by also just being good to me, by giving me all that I could have ever dreamed of having. How has he revealed his glory, or been good to me? Well, he keeps his promises to me. In his word he says that he places orphans in homes, and the barren woman in a tent full of children. All I have to do is look at my kids and see God's goodness to me. I see his pure and wonderful delight in just being who he is and being good to me, while I remain his sinful child. Of course I also think that he will use me to bring others to himself, but at this point in my life I think that mainly applies to the salvation of my kids. God is in the business of saving families. That is his covenant promise, that his grace rests on you and your household, and for thousands of generations to come. He delights in bringing entire families into his kingdom. That in mind, his goodness and glory will be shown through our adoption of children who may not have been adopted into families on whom that promise rests. My God is so great to show me how good he really is. I don't know that I will ever be able to wrap my mind around his goodness. My love for my kids cannot be measured. I can't fathom how immeasurable his love for his children must be, especially considering it is unfailing and neverending, whereas mine is limited by my sin.
Thank you, Lord, for being so good to me. Thank you for answering the many "off the cuff" prayers I have prayed to see your glory. I see your glory in every smile, tear, hug, or giggle of my day.
God
is
good! Heck, he even gave me a great hubby to boot :)



No comments:
Post a Comment