Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Grief

Scott's grandfather died last week.  Without thinking twice we threw together some things and made the trek down to his parent's house.  Grandma didn't want a formal funeral, but rather a family gathering to celebrate Grandpa's life.  Scott's cousin's husband (follow that?) is in the Navy so he dressed in his dress blues and presented Grandma with a flag, just as if it was a formal armed services funeral.  I didn't even know Grandpa well, but seeing Grandma mourn her loss had me in tears.  I am not going to post anymore "family day" pictures for privacy reasons, but I wanted to post just this one.  I feel like it captures the feeling, the mood, the sadness that Grandma is feeling.  Would you please pray for Scott's side of the family?  With death comes many questions.  Pray that God would answer those questions with firmness, and that they would respond with gratitude.  Pray also that God would comfort Grandma in her time of need.

1 comment:

Abigail said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. The picture of "Grandma" is so touching and she and you all will be in my prayers! xo