Monday, June 27, 2011

Water Babies

Just a few short weeks ago, none of my children would go near a pool.  Jordan would go in, but only if someone was holding onto her and she had water wings along with another floatation device of some sort.  Neither Micah nor JW would go in.  At all.  Ever.  Micah would run the other way when we said we were going in the pool and JW would just say "No" and turn around.  But when we went to my in-laws something changed.  They have a pool so the kid's cousins were in the pool all day every day.  Jordan longed to join the fun.  She had just come off a week of swim lessons where she got used to being in the water, but was still really very timid.  Eventually, while at my in-laws, she went in and would swim around by herself.  Granted, it was always with a styrofoam ring and swimmies, but still, that is a huge step.  And the babies got to where they loved the water.  JW would jump off the edge to his daddy, not realizing that the water was way over his head.  It is fun to watch them grow in confidence...or is it ignorance ;)  Who knows.  One thing I do know is that mornings at the Y are way  more chaotic now.  And it goes without saying that Jordan will be in swim lessons until school starts.  I grew up in the water and plan on my kids being as comfortable as I am.  There is no way I will have kids who don't know how to swim.








And on another note, wow, is the hubs white or what?  I mean, really haha!  It makes me wonder, I must practically glow up against my kids.  If Scott looks white, I must look albino.


The baby pool shot makes me thing of the movie Tommy Boy.  "Fat guy in a little suit."  But in Scott's case it would be "Big man in a tiny pool."

1 comment:

Shaunta' said...

Sweet pics! Your kiddies are super precious.