I have been praying every day for a while now that God would bring Micah home. Now I want to take that prayer just one step further. I want to pray specifically every single day that God will bring Micah home before the end of this month...I will even settle for papers being signed by the end of the month. That is only 2.5 weeks away, so God has to work fast. Let me preface by saying that I will not be mad or frustrated with the Lord if he does not answer this prayer. Disappointed maybe, but not mad. God is sovereign and already knows where and when Micah will be home. But the Bible is so clear that as a believer I am to pray, and to pray specifically, and that prayer changes things. I am not sure where the sovereignty of God and the prayers of people meet. But clearly God answers prayers even though he foreknew the decision he would make and the road he has for us to take. These are two of the crazy things about God that I will never understand, nor will I ever try to understand. It ranks up there with predestination...I get it, but I don't. So anyhow, I am asking all my peeps (how do you like the use of that word?) to pray with me. Wouldn't it be cool if all over the United States people rejoice in this answered prayer because we all had a part in it? Pray with me. And if you wouldn't mind, leave me a comment so I know who is praying. Thanks!
Now onto something else...we applied for a grant through Shoahannah's Hope. We won't know for a couple months, but they did send us a little booklet that had a 14 days of devotions in it. While I would hardly call it challenging devotions, I will not hesitate to call them encouraging. This is a little exerpt from the day one of the devotion. Steven Curtis Chapman recalls how he knew God was calling him to something big. The title of the day's devotion is An Invitation to Know God. SCC was watching some of their best friends dedicate their latest adopted child. At this point SCC wasn't convinced that they would adopt a second, let alone a third time. So here goes. I'll do my best to leave out stuff that isn't necessary to getting the point across.
God lifted my heart, He said "...I've heard you pray, 'I really want to know You and experience You.' I know you mean that...(seeing the family on stage) There it is; that's my heart...This is a picture of the Kingdom of Heaven. There it is, in front of you...I delight in setting the lonely in families, so I'm going to keep pouring out my love for orphans, and I'm looking for hearts to pour it into. I'm looking for people who really want to do what I'm doing...You don't have to do this, but I"m inviting you in, because I want you to know Me, and I want our relationship to go deeper. If you really want to see Me show up, I want to take you on another adventure." That's why there are so many waiting children...they are each an invitation from God's heart, saying "Come and know Me. And I will make myself known through you..."
So there it is. That alone gave me the perseverance necessary to keep going. I'll wait for the next anxiety ridden phone call just so I will see and know God more. Why he chose this road I'll probably never know. But we'll keep going until this baby and the next and next are home. We aren't going to use the lawyer for a couple reasons. In the end God showed us that his will is to stick it out with the agency. Adoption is messy, painful, thrilling, and uncomfortable all at the same time. I'll deal. I always do. In the end God always shows up. Enough said :)
3 comments:
be praying praying praying every day for baby micah to come home and we can't wait to meet him/her!! :-)
Praying!!!!!!! :)
You know that I'm praying...
Post a Comment