Wednesday, March 24, 2010

New Adoption Blogs

I registered on Faithful Bloggers many many months ago. It is designed to connect Christian bloggers to eachother or help those who don't blog find information on specific topics. There are quite a few different topics you can register under and I chose adoption (of course). I am not sure if that is how people in cyberspace find my blog or if it is through links on other blogs, word of mouth, etc. But I have had several Christian ladies find it. So I am starting a new sidebar for adoption blogs only. The first one I posted is www.filledwithpraise.com This blogger and her hubby are waiting to adopt a boy from Ethiopia whom they will name Elijah. It is so encouraging for me to read other bloggers stories and watch God provide for them in the way God provided for us. Read through it if you get a chance. She had a very powerful video attached to her blog. Rarely does anything bring me to tears. Honestly. I am a pretty solid person in that way. My kids, remembering our adoption journies, stress, and hormones are about the only things that do it. Well, I guess that isn't exactly true. Seeing kids without parents makes me cry too. 60 Minutes had a special on Sunday night about the children of Haiti since the earthquake. It is mind blowing to think about how many have been left as orphans. I want to go rescue each and every one of them. I want to be like Jesus when he said he would not leave us as orphans but would come to us. Anyway, back to the video. Few things bring me to tears, but this video did it. Even Scott, my big man's man of a hubby was crying. It is challenging to even us and we have already heeded the call to help orphans in their distress. I hope that some of my readers will be challenged by Lucy's story, challenged to pray about rescuing a child who has literally been left as an orphan.

3 comments:

Lauren and Matt said...

Shannon, thank you so much for sharing! That video is very, very touching. I feel very strongly about adopting and I hope that it is in my future.

Amy said...

Thank you for sharing about my blog. So glad I found yours.
Blessings,
Amy

City Grace said...

shannon! i am weeping. thank you for posting this!