As Jordan has grown up, my mom always toldme if I could get to the age of 5 or 6, then things would turn around. She was a very difficult toddler. That would be putting it lightly. But like most things I have learned with age, is that mom is usually right. Just a little conversation I had with Jordan today:
Background noise is the babies fighting. (What's new?)
Jordan: Mom, the babies need a new heart.
Me: They do? Why is that?
Jordan: Because they fight all the time and are mean to eachother. They have black hearts and need new ones.
Me: Well, while that is true I have news for you. Even when God gives us new hearts, we still sin. That is the way things go for people. But if God gives us a new heart, it means that he lives in us and we can ask him to help us be better people.
Jordan: Yeah mom. They need God to rip out their black hearts and put new ones in.
I love that she is learning so much about how God and how he works in our lives. Thank you God, for your covenant promises, for your Son who died in order that we might have new hearts, and for working in my children's hearts even when I am not.
No comments:
Post a Comment