Thursday, January 15, 2009

Cute

I was up all night last night with the flu, but we are planning on leaving for Florida tonight so I had to get my tired butt off the couch and run some errands. If I could change just one thing about motherhood, I'd add some sick days be put into our schedule. But that is a whole other post unto itself. So Jordan and I ran to Lowe's for a CO monitor, insulation for the water heater, and to make a copy of the house key for the dogsitter. Then we went to Walmart for a few very important things, one of which was diapers. I got the diapers and forgot everything else. Don't you hate that? By the time we got to Walmart I had a blistering headache and just wanted to go home. (I must be ADD because I am always distracted. I can't even write a blog post without bringing in other stuff that is totally not related to the story. Geez, I just did it again.) So I am going through Walmart and had 2 people stop to tell me how cute my daughter is. One lady was about 15 feet from me and yelled across the aisle to get Jordan's attention. I wish I had been feeling better; I would have loved to brag on her a little more than I did. I mainly just smiled and said thank you.

On another cute note, Jordan has learned the art of stalling. After asking her to sit down in the Walmart cart at least 10 times she reached over to give some stranger a hug. Stall. At lunch yesterday I was letting her walk around the table a little. She wandered a little far so I asked her to come closer. Again, she hugged a random stranger. Today at naptime she asked to eat. I told her no because she had just had her chance to eat. She ate 2 bites and declared she was done. So anyway, I said no. Then she asked for The Wiggles. Nope, sorry kid. Then when I put her in bed she was frustrated because I didn't let her walk up her step stool and into bed on her own. Stall. I did, however, put her down on the floor and let her walk up the steps into bed. Then of course she wanted to read a book. Stalling at its finest. I dread the "Can I have a cup of water" days.

No comments: