Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Face lift

Do you like the new look? Honestly, I don't care too much whether or not you like it :) I do, and that is what counts, right? I tried so so hard to get away from red. I really did. But I can't help it. I am a red-aholic. If you have been in my house you can attest to that. I wish I wasn't; I wish I was addicted to blue and brown. Blue and brown is so calming and reminds me of days at the beach. But no, I gravitate to the ever so invigerating red. Nothing about red is calming. But I can't help it. I want so badly to break free from the chains that entangle me! I have to admit that even I would like a change. But when I go to buy new bedding for example, I end up looking at stuff with red. My kids rooms are literally the only rooms in the house without red. My bathroom is a yellow shade of white with a vintagey red shower curtain. My dining room is my favorite room in the house. Why? It has pale green walls...with red accents. My kitchen walls are red; my living room couches are red. My bedroom is beige, but my bedding is a red toile. Help! I think I may have a problem which demands immediate intervention. Is there a patch or something that can wean me off this terrible rush I get from the color red? Maybe a 12 step program would be the key. Hmmm...I'll have to think this through before my poor children grow up with an aversion to all things red. Before I know it they will be throwing out the red crayons and paints in every box.

2 comments:

City Grace said...

well..i have no advice about the red bc i'm a girl addicted to robin's egg blue. it's also in every room in my house except my kids! but, i do like the "facelift" and i love the title picture, it fits ya'll perfectly!

greta said...

Love the new blog layout!!! Snazzy!