Monday, May 23, 2011

The Days Are Long

It had been a seriously long day.  I mean LOOOOONNNNGGGG day.  You know those days that moms have when you wake up the kids from naps and begin the countdown to bedtime?  It was one of those.  But something happened at the end of the day that literally had me on my knees.  I walked out of my bedroom to glance into Jordan's room...just wanted to check out whether it was trashed or not.  This white tutu, made by my wonderful BFF Courtney, caught the light just right.  I swear, in that moment it looked like a veil.  I am humbled in God's choosing of me to raise, protect, and shepherd this little girl's heart, praying daily that she will allow the Lord to do the same, and thanking God that for 20 or so more years she will be all mine.  But in the blink of an eye I will have to share her with another man.  The days are long.  These days are full of "Don't hit your sister", "Give the book back; she had it first." and "That is not how we talk in this house."  Time outs are sometimes rampant and sometimes nonexistent.  Exhaustion sets in around 1:00 in a severe way and Jordan has decided naps are for the birds, as is quiet time for mommy.  Every 10 minutes she comes bounding down the hallway asking for a snack, or milk, or a toy.  There is no rest for the weary mom.  The days are long, but I have a feeling the next 20 years are going to be very short.  I pray that I will cherish even the rough days, choosing to worship the one who knit our family together before the foundation of the world.

1 comment:

CocoSonsandDaughter said...

Your Best Friend sounds AMAZING