Friday, May 27, 2011

My "Babies" Are TWO!!!

First was Micah's birthday.  Micah is all about chocolate.  She regularly asks for chocolate milk, chocolate goldfish, etc.  So it made sense that she would have chocolate brownies.  We didn't even have to tell her what to do with the candles.  She just blew them out.  Must have seen that on a cartoon or something.

Then was JW's birthday.  He is all about fruit, so we sliced up watermelon and stuck some candles in it.  Voila!  Happy Bday Big Boy!

Micah on JW's birthday...with a camera hog behind her.

And another picture of the camera hog.

Then we had a joint birthday celebration at my mom's farm.  We love visiting the farm.  The kids love the animals.  The animals all become food eventually, but they haven't really put two and two together yet.  But anyway, I made two small cakes, so each kid could have their own candles to blow out.  Micah wasn't about blowing out candles.  She just wanted to eat.  JW did all the blowing...and spitting.

Look at those luscious lips :)  He is so adorable!  I just love them both.
Now JW decided he was bound by brotherhood to help sister blow out the candles. 

Micah ate ONLY the chocolate ice cream and chocolate frosting.   Clever chocolate loving girl.  Let me also say that there was an entire cake left over.  I ate it, by myself, in 24 hours.  Gross.  Gross.  Gross.  But I am not ashamed.  I am a woman and sometimes my hormones demand such glutony.

Mom and Micah enjoying a precious moment.  Micah was tired and just wanted to snuggle.

Jordan in the pool.  For my northern friends, it was 99 degrees that day.  Pool weather is in full swing.  By this time next month the pool will be so warm it won't even be comfortable.

Sweet and beautiful girl :)

Jordan decided she would be a sweet sissy and push Micah on the swing.  She and Micah love eachother.  A lot.  Heck, all my kids love eachother.

Mom and JW lounging.  I have no idea who mom is taking a pic of.  Probably taking a pic of me taking a pic of her.

Sweet boy!  This boy has stolen my heart.  For anyone who doesn't have a boy, you need one.  Well, I guess you don't "need" one, but man, they are sweet.

This boy all of a sudden looks huge to me.

Joined at the hip, these two "babies."  When should I stop calling them "the babies?" 

Another pic of my pretty baby girl.

Man, they have grown up.  The last time we spent an extended amount of time outside at my mom's I had to follow them around, hovering like a helicopter.  Now I just sat and watched, and snapped pictures.

They climbed slides all by themselves.  They went down slides by themselves, or back down the ladder by themselves.  Two seems awefully big all of a sudden.

 Big kid likes to swing.  He doesn't require a baby swing (unlike his sister).  He hikes himself up there all by himself then begs to be pushed.  So cute!
Jordan also LOVES to swing.  I noticed the other day that she was swinging with her eyes closed.  It took me right back to childhood.  Remember doing that?  I loved the feeling of not really knowing where in the air I was, and feeling my stomach drop with the swing.  I hope she cherishes these carefree days of childhood and summer.  I also hope that she sees God in the joy of swinging, that just like the swing is holding her up when she can't see, so is God. 


This is my foster sister, and soon to be legal sister, TJ.  I can show this pic because you can't see her face.  I can't wait till she is legally a Willis so I can show you her beautiful face.  God is healing her of her scars.  The Lord is really using my parents.  And my parents?  They are saints.  Who adopts a 6 year old out of foster care when you are in your 50's?  You know who does that?  People who understand that their lives are about more than themselves, enjoying retirement, and all that goes along with it.  TJ gives them a run for their money.  Heck, she would give me a run for my money.  But she is part of our family, ordained before the foundation of the world.  Adopted by grace into a family who loves her through her past to give her the roots of God and his gospel and prays that she flies on the wings of love.  She never knew love until us.  Mom says that sometimes she will sing, and sing LOUD.  When asked to be quiet her response is "But I am just so happy."  Only one who knows true suffering can know true happiness.  It is sad that a 6 year old knows true suffering, but how awesome is it that for the rest of her life she will know true happiness and love as well.  The suffering my leave scars.  In fact, it will.  There is no way around it.  But God will be with her when those scars rear their ugly heads.  We are blessed to have her.  We are blessed to have my other foster sister as well, but she won't sit for a picture so you won't ever see her ;)  She loves my kids, loves that she is in a colorblind family, and loves my mom and dad.  She is so very grateful to have been taken in.  I realize that I am lucky to have such great examples of Christ in my parents.  Not very many people can say they have parents like mine.

On a totally unrelated note, does anyone know why the words are wrapping properly?   I don't think I like this new blogger setup.  Boo hiss on change!

5 comments:

Donna said...

Ah, this made me cry. Wonderful post :)

Anonymous said...

Wow!!! 2!!!! How did that happen? It seems like just yesterday, you got the call (s)! And by the way, everytime I see your blog, I get adoption fever. I want another one so bad, and your little ones are so cute!

Melisa said...

So cute. :) I can't believe how big they are.

Rhonda said...

You and your parents are saints. I loved this post. I loved that it was packed full of pictures and lots of love.

Christi W. said...

Precious post and pics. So thankful for you and your family who see with the eyes of Christ. God bless you all always!