We took a fun trip to the zoo with our sweet friends the Medlins. The Medlins are soon to be adopting from Ethiopia and I CANNOT WAIT! I want all my readers to know how sweet it is to adopt, but to adopt transracially is especially sweet. To know what it is like to adopt a child who looks physically nothing like me, then love him/her as if I birthed them...I just cannot put into words the many things that God has taught me through my family of many colors. We love it and I wish all Christians would do it. Though I know all aren't called to actually adopt :( I wish God called us all to it, but he doesn't. But for my sweet friends the Medlins and the Wilkersons (who pledged to adopt a sibling set from Ethiopia), may God be with you even now. God is so good and WILL provide for all your fianancial and home needs for these children. You are saying "YES" to bringing a child into the visible church, a child that may have never heard the gospel otherwise. So when the tough get going, stand strong and finish this good race God has called you too. Okay, now onto a few zoo pics. They are few and far between. Let me tell you one thing, it is extremely hard to take pictures when you have two toddlers who have all of a sudden decided they don't want to ride in the stroller. If the Medlins hadn't been there with Jordan attached to the hip of their little girl, we would have been lost. Scott and I just tag teamed, each taking a kid to watch and make sure made it back to the car at the end of the day. It was much harder than it sounds. Trust me. And I am silly enough to want another. What am I thinking? And on a side note, Scott's hat in these pictures: ridiculous. I always make fun of him for that hat. He might as well sandals and socks. And these pics were taken about a month apart, as is evidenced by Jordan's hair. The zoo is pre-chop. Strawberry pics were just a couple weeks ago. I trying dearly to catch up on blogging. Bear with me!













We went strawberry picking a couple weeks ago. For once the south cooperated with us and we didn't sweat to death while out there. It had rained the few days before, so many of the strawberries rotted. Those were fun to stomp in and play with *rolleyes here*. Well, the babies and Jordan and TJ had fun and that is what matters. Many times as a mom you do things that you wouldn't necessarily consider fun, but you do it for the kids. I would consider strawberry picking and any and all zoo trips to fall into that category. So here are strawberry picking pics:





1 comment:
HA!! Dave has a hat just like that, he wears it all summer long. Lucky us :D
Post a Comment