Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Holy tantrums Batman!

Today was a terrible day for poor Jordan. It seems that as her language boomed, so did the tantrums. Not only have they gotten more numerous, they are just worse. They are louder and much more offensive to this mom. This morning I woke up and began my morning by confessing to God that I have fallen short on my job as a wife and mom. I haven't prayed enough. So, I got up and prayed first and foremost for patience with Jordan. It is like I knew it was going to be a rough day. And it was. Lucky for me most of them were in public *insert rolling of eyes*. They involve lots of kicking, screaming, tugging on my clothes, and "no no no no no no no no". If you could only hear her say this. She says "no" over and over as fast as she possibly can while stomping her feet and screaming. At one point she said she wanted a drink of milk. Okay, fine. Simple enough. I give her milk; she replied by throwing a mini tantrum. I figured maybe she didn't see me pour the milk so I grab the jug and pour some into her cup. I know, it is grasping at straws but I didn't know what to do. Well, that wasn't the answer either. So I finally asked her if she wanted juice and that quieted her down. I know she wanted milk. She clearly said "milk"; besides that, she can say "juice" so if that is what she wanted then she would have said so. At this point I am thinking maybe she wanted a milk box. Who knows. I did manage to get a few cute pictures today which I'll post later.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ah, they can be so trying of one's patience. Henry got a spanking within five minutes of being awake today. They're at a lovely age. I hope tomorrow is a better day for y'all.