Jordan's hair is a learning experience for me. Overall I think I have done a fine job. But I have some not so good moments too. I am not sure that you can classify this as a not so good moment, but it can at least be classified as funny. Last night I washed and brushed Jordan's hair. This is a looooong process that we are both beginning to grow wary of. After the wash and brush, I then did the normal routine of putting it into puffs. The thing about the puffs is this: they are adorable the day I actually fix them. But then once they are slept on they become flat in the back and very very tangled. To see her profile with those flattened puffs is just hilarious :) She looks like she's been hit by a book or something. So last night I decided I was going to braid the puffs just to see what it would look like. It was and still is quite a sight. Last night and this morning she had one that laid down and one that stuck straight out to the side. At one point today I took the braids out just to see how it looked. We had to run to Walmart and I didn't want her to look completely ridiculous. It is one thing for me to get a good laugh out of her hair. But I don't want total strangers laughing at her. Anyway, as luck would have it her hair was soaking wet from her bath this morning so the puffs curled right up just like normal. Before her nap I put the braids back in to keep her hair from tangling so badly. She woke up with two braids sticking straight out of her head! LOL! It is so funny! Poor child. I get a lot of laughs from her hair. I have decided that the braided puff will help with our tangle problem. I'll just have to figure out a way to make the puffs look normal when I take them out of the braids. Maybe a spray bottle of water or something will work.

1 comment:
I don't know you but a friend of mine does and she gave you a link to my blog. Oh I know the difficulties of hair! Hang in there. You will be fine. I love your story, it is really moving!
Blessings,
Beth
Post a Comment