Wednesday, May 27, 2009

So it turns out he is NOT made of steal

Scott is wussing out on his night shifts. Already. He said all the awake/asleep/awake/asleep cycles were too hard for him. Psht. Whatever! So now the routing will be him staying up till the babies midnight or 1 AM feeding and I take over from there. Um, yeah. Do you think at this point it is fair to say "You got us into this?" LOL! No? Well, I think it is safe to say that when the school year finally starts he will be more than ready to go back to work.

Speaking of back to school, Scott got a promotion of sorts. He got a job as an instructional coach job and will be at a high school in the fall. He is so excited and I am beyond proud of him. The math coordinator for the county personally recommended him to the hiring principal. When interviewing him he told Scott he was highly recommended and if Scott wanted the job, it was his. That is it. The entire interview (if you can call it that) lasted 10 min. So, yay Scott! But boo on what that means for my summer help. He will be in training for 3 straight weeks in June and one in July :( I suppose I will be fielding the babies and the 3 year old baby all by myself.

3 comments:

micahandjeremiah said...

I feel I have been slandered. This is not the how it went down, but I will leave it to my loving wife to correct the record.

Ashley said...

I'm there with you, Shannon! I feel your pain. It'll be the same with us when the twins are born in Nov...the beginning of bball season. YIKES!! But with God's blessing and help, we can do it. I pray that you'll do it with grace, joy and peace!

Our Journey to Africa said...

MEN.

That's about like when we had our babies Josh would wake up in the morning, all well-rested, and with a big smile on his face, he'd say, "Wow, the baby slept through the night!" And as I try not to smack him, my sweet response is, "NO, he got up four times...you just snored right through it!" :)
God gives the momma's extra grace and mercy in that department...that's probably why we also end up aging faster!
~audrey