Saturday, May 30, 2009

This is the life

Something about this image is still so surreal.


When Scott was trying to convince me that we needed to take both the babies, he said something that has kind of stuck with me. I don't remember his exact wording, but basically he said he felt by adopting we were rescuing kids from the gates of hell. Yes, God is soveriegn and saves those whom he chooses. But somehow that still goes hand in hand with his covenant over families. Anyway, what Scott said reminded me of Jude 23 "...snatch others from the fire and save them." So, that we did. Here's to you God! Four more feet to dance before your throne!


Today the babies slept on the patio couch while Jordan and Scott played on our playground. The patio couch is actually on our play area; I guess you could say we had some family time...sorta. As much as you can have family time with two sleeping babies. I literally carried them outside, one laying on top of the other, with my camera around my neck. As I came down the deck steps Jordan exclaimed "Look at all the babies!" haha!


Big boy. Huge. This is a 0-3 month onesie that will last one more month at best. In the above picture, Micah is wearing a newborn onesie and has lots of room to grow. JW is a giant!


thrill seeker


Scott's parents came up for about 12 hours to meet the babies. Now that is some serious grandparent dedication for ya! We had a nice visit. Jordan was wore out the first night they were here. Morgan got lucky and had two sleeping kiddos laying with her. Jordan LOVES her Aunt Morgan. She even slept in Morgan's bed that night.


Morgan and Micah. 3 years ago when Jordan was a baby Morgan wasn't allowed to walk around with her. She had to hold her while sitting on the couch. She has grown up so much in the last 3 years! I didn't think twice about her walking around holding a baby. She will be a great mom someday.


People have been asking us how we are doing. Well, we are doing pretty darn good. The transition is going better than I ever expected it would. Jordan has taken to being a sister like it is second nature. She loves to hold, feed, and help change the babies. She loves putting the pacifier in Micah's mouth. Something about knowing she quieted a crying baby makes her feel good. Amazingly, I am doing great. Bonding with both the babies is going wonderfully. I get about 5 or 6 hours of sleep a night; it is enough to function. I guess that is all I could ask for.

The second most asked question is whether the babies are on the same schedule. Well, I make them be on the same schedule. When one wakes to eat I feed him/her then wake the other. Night is of course the hardest. By the time I feed and change them both I have been awake for well over an hour; this makes going back to sleep hard at times. Maybe I should feed them both at the same time. I don't know. It is hard to feed them both at the same time. They sleep about 3 hours between feedings, give or take a little. Their eating has really picked up in the last few days. JW takes between 3-4 oz at a time; Micah takes 2 or 3. They should start getting fat rolls any day now :) I love fat baby thighs! Don't you?

4 comments:

Kevin and Tara said...

They really are adorable! Can't get enough of 'em...keep those pictures coming! And girl you are doing good to only be up an hour at a time for both of them. I swear it took me an hour to feed and change only Ellie in the middle of the night so you are doing great!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad to see you're doing well! And the pictures, squeee! They're so precious and JW has more hair than Henry, even Dave commented on it, ha! Was Scott pushing Jordan or can she pump the swing that high?

City Grace said...

see..all those playground building hours are paying off! even the babies are enjoying it!..love the pictures. they are too cute..all 3 of them!

Ashley said...

Love it! I'm so glad it's all going better than expected for you!