"Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved."
I have to admit that I wouldn't have known this verse if it wasn't for a sweet little children's CD that was given to Jordan. The music itself is tinkery and well, annoying. But it has always had a calming effect in the midst of a 2 year old meltdown. The CD itself is very simple; it is Bible verses set to music. I incorporated this song (Acts 16:31) into our bedtime routine. We read a book, pray, then sing Acts 16:31 and Jesus Loves Me. So it is no surprise that Jordan knows each and every word to both of those songs. But what is surprising to me is that now she can actually say all the words. Before she used to skip most of the, saying only the first and last words in the phrase. But now she can say them all. And she prefers to say them over and over and over. She loves Acts 16:31. Loves it! There is no other way to say it. As a result she insists that it be played repeatedly while in the car. The CD is set to repeat #9. If I try to change the song or Lord forbid, turn off the CD she politely says "Again?" If I say I am tired of the song or whatever she even more politely says "Please?" How can a mom deny her daughter's living desire for the word of God? So, she gets her way every time. This is one time I am okay with giving in. But giving in doesn't mean I have lost the battle. Quite the contrary actually. I see it as winning the battle for her soul :)
No comments:
Post a Comment