Monday, November 3, 2008

It is finally here


Election Day, that is. Finally. I am so tired of hearing about this darn election. One thing has really stood out to me over the last few months. People all over this country are putting all of their hope in the next president to save us from all of the quandaries we are in now. People are losing money hand over fist in the market; lives are being lost in Iraq. Gas prices, though they have finally come down to around $2/gallon, have been sky high for months now. But God has given me peace. No matter who wins tomorrow, HE is still Lord. He causes kings to rise and fall. He draws battle lines. He is God over this earth. We can elect whom ever we want, but the real President of this United States isn't subject to our election. So if America gets it wrong tomorrow *snicker snicker* and Obama wins, so be it. My God is always the winner.
Psalm 20:7 "Some trust in chariots and some in horses, but we trust in the name of the Lord our God."
Psalm 46: 9-10 "He makes wars cease to the ends of the earth; he breaks the bow and shatters the spear, he burns the shields with fire. Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth."

No comments: