Wednesday, November 5, 2008

The election is finally over...



and I find myself wishing it wasn't! Can I just live in November 3rd forever LOL? Even though I don't like America's choice for the next President of the United States, I can appreciate the democratic process. He was voted in by the majority of people who voted. 53% voted for Obama. I am not going to go into political conversation with myself and the few other people who read this blog. One thing I know is that I am very happy to be able to witness this historic event. It is symbolic. To say it is historic is understating its significance. But one prevailing thought has entered my mind. I want to teach my children to judge someone based on who they are, not what they are. It seems a lot of people (both African American and white) voted for Obama not for his platforms, but for what he represented. He represents change. People want economic change, war change, and racial change. I can understand. I don't fault anyone for wanting change. But to want change isn't enough of a reason to vote for a person without even knowing what he stood for (platform speaking). So I want my children to be different.

My dear children, when you are 18 and voting, vote prayerfully. That is all I ask. I want you to be different than the rest of the world. I want you to want godly change. I want you to want the kind of change that the Lord rejoices over. Want souls to change from death to life. Want marriages to change in a way that makes them last for the life of those who are married. Want children to have the right to live. Just want the things in the Bible. You can't go wrong with that kind of change. Love, your dear mom who loves you very much!

No comments: