Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Feeling Centimental

For whatever reason I am weepy and centimental today. Jordan is spending the night at Grandma Bob's and I actually miss her. She will be gone roughly 24 hours and I miss just her presence in the house. The babies are sleeping and growing so fast. Micah turned 3 months last week and JW will turn 3 months tomorrow (and is now in 6-9month clothes). Where has the time gone? Aside from still not sleeping through the night, they are great babies. I still have to pinch myself sometimes, wondering if I am living in a dream. I got two babies! In one day! In a matter of hours! I just wanted to put it into words, that I am so thankful for my life. I have a husband who is a great dad. He loves his children so much. He stood firm on decision day regarding taking 2 babies instead of just 1. He heard from God on that day; I am so glad I submitted. I can't imagine what life would be like without JW.

Well, kiddos, when you read this in 20 years know how much your daddy and I love you. God used you in our lives and we hope to return the favor. I pray that you all grow up to be people who go against the flow of society and challenge status quo, who take a stand for those who are weak and beaten up by a cruel and selfish world, and speak up for those babies who don't have a voice. Every woman has a "choice" when pregnant. Your birthmoms chose LIFE for you. It pains me to think that they had the option to not choose life; thank God that your wonderful birthmoms turned their backs on that so called choice and gave you life. If you ever meet them, make sure to tell them thank you. Carrying a baby for 9 months, laboring in pain for hours, then placing you into our arms was the most selfless thing she will ever do. In light of that I hope and pray that the Lord shapes your hearts to have a burden for orphans. Orphans need Jesus, and what better way to show them then to run after them and shelter them both physically, emotionally, and most of all to cover them spiritually. Please do not be passive when it comes to orphans and the poor. Due to the physical need of these groups of people, the spiritual needs scream out in the darkness. You can turn a blind eye to all of this if you want. I cannot make you do anything. But I will say this, you and you alone will miss out should you decide that a life centered on spreading Jesus isn't for you. If we don't cry out the rocks will. In other words, God's work WILL come to fruition. His plan for this world cannot be stopped. You can jump on board and enjoy the best ride of your life, or you can live the American dream and pretend that there aren't children all over the world who don't know the love of a mom and dad; you can say that the poor are poor by their own doing and thereby rationalize not extending to them grace and mercy. The choice is yours. But let me be very clear: you and you alone will be the only one who pays the price by missing out. God will send someone to that homeless man if you choose not to go. God will rescue the orphan in China, Haiti, or in the USA according to his will. The only question is whether you want to be a part of it or not.

No comments: