Just in case you ever wonder what an 18 lb three month old looks like when he has fallen asleep on the couch, here you go:

This big boy was quite content until his daddy came by to torment him.

Okay, so maybe I told Scott to torture Big Boy just so I could capture that pout on camera. Isn't it just the saddest little face ever? It is as if he missed a meal or something! You know he takes his food quite seriously, don't you? How else do you become 18 lbs in 3 months?
Now for a few comparisons.
Notice how I can easily wrap my thumb and pointer finger around baby girl's thigh.

Yup, not so easy to do to the big boy's thigh!

Dainty little hand and wrist

Edited a few minutes after I posted this: Scott just told me that my hand looks hairy in this picture. To use his words, he said it looks like the hand of a gorilla woman. That "hair" is yet another reminder of our violet incident. It is purple dye, not hair. Were it hair I would not be showing off my hand...unless I shaved it..which I don't.
Not so dainty

Big noggin, little noggin. Hey, that could be a Dr. Seuss book! However, if I had to predict sales, I'd assume a book pointing out differences in one's size wouldn't sell too great.

Lifting up those heads is hard work! Notice that they both are up around the same area on their chests, yet JW still towers over Micah.

And because I love the way this picture came out, my purple lipped princess!

I could never leave out the original princess! Is it just me, or are her puffs the cutest things ever? Yes, they may resemble a certain mouse-eared hat just a tad, but I still love them!

Little girl fancies fun socks :) She wore these for 2 days.

Last night Scott and I were watching a National Geographic show on the origins of the universe. It was mainly about Steven Hawkins (whose name I probably spelled wrong), who I think came up with the Big Bang Theory (although Scott tells me that Hawkins didn't not coin that theory...who really cares). Hawkins said that if he could figure out the origins of the universe then he would know the mind of God. In some ways I wish it were that easy; there are days when I wish I could just solve a mystery and that very mystery would lead me directly into the heart and mind of our Lord. Other days I am quite content to serve a God who cannot be fully known because of his complexity, yet he stoops down low to let us know him personally. I serve a God who commands lightening from his hands and the wind from his breath. He orders the path of a tornado and carefully decides how high each wave of the ocean should be. Yet this BIG and POWERFUL God knows the nature of my very fingerprint and how many blonde and brown hairs I have on my head. He knows how big Big Boy will be in 20 years and has said it is good. Even still, I cannot comprehend God's bigness. JW's true hugeness is in front of me every single day, yet I fail to communicate it to others. I find it near impossible at times. If he is too big for words, then wow...God is bigger!
I also named this post "God is Bigger" because that silly Veggietales song has been going through my head for days on end. As silly as that song is, the truth is still truth no matter what. God is bigger than the boogeyman!
Lastly, I am choosing to believe that this is a sweet picture of a sister giving her "little" brother a kiss. It is absolutely not a picture of JW being scarred for life because his sister is pulling his hair and trying to use his ear as a pacifier.
2 comments:
haha..you crack me up. i love that last picture!
Shannon,
That was such a cute post! And you said it right, Big Boy is a BIG BOY!!! Oh my. I can still carry both babies in their carriers at the same time...can you? I would think not! I'm so glad the babies are sleeping so well for you. What a blessing! I do my best to keep the twins on the same schedule all day and it really helps. I'm sure you know that though. I wish we lived close to each other...our play group would be the bomb. Although I know we would fight about whose house to have it at. LOL! Getting out the door is such a hassle, but I would have you over any day of the week. Take care and keep those posts coming. I need to update my blog so bad. Oh well, just something else to add to the to do list.
Post a Comment