Sunday, June 27, 2010

I Heart Couponing

I get really excited about these kinds of posts. With the chaos of the month (money wise...lost a lot due to the purse snatcher/window breaker) I haven't been able to keep up with grocery shopping. Our pantry is so very bare right now. It is sad. As soon as payday rolls around I will be shopping. A lot. But today I had to run to drugstores to get some freebies. For those who do CVS and Walgreens, this is actual money spent. I didn't deduct E-Bucks or Register Rewards. If I used those on a purchase I am just including the actual cash spent for that transaction. If I got E-bucks back (for example) I didn't subtract that off my "total". That is always a little misleading to me. So, for $58 of money that actually left my wallet, I got...

Aveeno facewash
Aveeno shampoo
2 Aveeno lotions (big pump bottles)
4 packages Stayfree feminine stuff (sorry to my male readers...although I doubt I have any other than my hubby)
1 box tampons (again, sorry. Just trying to get the list out there for the couponing girls to read.)
2 boxes (42 count) Cottonelle wipes
4 tubes of Pringles
4 cans of Campbell's soup
4 pepsi 12 packs
1 pack of 3 Blistex chapstic for Jordan. I am hoping this will keep her out of my makeup. She has been putting on my lipstick during her "quiet time" in the afternoon. By the way, if it weren't for the pink all over the sink...and the fact that she told on herself...I would have never known she used it. It doesn't quite look the same on dark skin :)
1 dozen eggs
1 box sinus medicine
1 package of boneless chicken breasts. Hey, we need to eat something other than chips for dinner.
2 gallons milk
1 gallon Lactaid milk
2 small boxes Carefree panty liners (sorry to the men folk)
2 bottles Oust air sanitizer
2 bottles Pledge multi-surface
2 packages of 6 Bounty Basic paper towels
2 Snickers bars. In my defense, these were filler items.
1 bottle Purpose face lotion (I wish my face wasn't so darn picky about lotion. This is the only stuff that doesn't break me out like I am 14 again. My face has expensive taste.)

So, I should have gotten the Oust and Pledge for $0.25 each, but stupid me forgot to give the guy my coupons. I am still kicking myself for that. Instead I paid $1.25, which as you couponers know is not a good deal. It isn't terrible, but it isn't a steal, especially considering generic Pledge at Walmart is $0.89. $0.25 would have been a nice steal. But, 41 items for $58 isn't bad. I can't complain. Especially when I got so much stuff for free. I also qualified for a $10 rebate on the Aveeno items. So technically I spent $48, but since the $10 did leave my pocket I included it in the total.

One thing I forgot to buy was lunch meat. I probably should have bought that instead of Pringles. Oh well. At least I don't have to listen to Scott complain about there not being anything to eat. If there isn't snack food, we don't have food. We could have a pantry full of stuff to make, but if he can't grab it and eat it out of a can or bag, he acts like we are starving.

No comments: