Saturday, June 19, 2010

Mom = Jesus

This post may go long, or it may not. I have lots of little things to say and I don't know...maybe I will just split it up into smaller seperate posts. Right now I have a big huge JW sitting on side of me. The problem is that he is so big that he doesn't sit next to me; he leans on me because he is sitting in the crack of the couch causing his weight to shift. This is rendering my left hand about useless. Micah is "sitting" on the other side. I say "sitting" because she doesn't sit. She sticks her little finger in my eyes, belly button, mouth, and any other hole she might find. She steps on me in an attempt to see over the back of the couch. Her little tiny size 3 feet and toes always happen to hit my bladder as she climbs up my stomach and face to see what fun is on the other side of the couch. To have the two of them on the couch with me makes blogging very hard. Oh, now Micah has her finger in JW's mouth. He doesn't seem too annoyed, not yet anyway.

I spent much of last night watching "Gotcha Day" videos on youtube. If you don't know what a Gotcha Day is, it is the day an adoptive parent waits for; it is the day we get to pick up our God ordained baby. Looking back, it is the day we say we "got Jordan" or "got the babies." It all made me a little centimental. Sometimes I still can't believe we have the kids we have and that they all have such great stories to go along with their adoptions. Adoption is a picture of how God reaches down to dirty, hungry, needy orphans, scoops us up in his arms and says "I gotcha." As a mom, I say this almost daily when someone is in need of a calming hug. The other day Jordan woke up from her nap and couldn't find me or her daddy. We were outside, but she didn't know that. She wandered around the house yelling "mama". I could hear her frantic and scared cry. She thought I was gone, that I had left her all alone. I came inside and held her, just whispering into her ear that I would never leave her all alone. She said "But I was yelling and you didn't hear me." I did hear her but I was helping Scott with something and I knew she was okay for a minute or two. I was so struck by the spiritual parallels this day. Jordan doesn't know her own neediness. She actually thinks I would be dumb enough to leave her alone. It is as if she really honestly believes that I forget she needs me. She was so scared, so frantic, and just weepy. Then her thinking led her to believe that I didn't hear her. We are so like this with God. He tells us on a daily basis that he has us firmly in his hands, yet a day comes when we don't see him. Our heart jumps to assuming he has forgotten about our needs and he has failed to hear our cries for help and assurance. It all leaves me to pray, to pray that daily my kids see Jesus, even though they don't know that is what they are looking for. There are two verses that I want all three to remember througout their lives.

John 14:18 "I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you."
Psalm 46:1-2 "God is our refuge and strength, an ever present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear."

No comments: