Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Living In a Fallen World

It totally bites. I want to use other words but can't because this blog is public *wink wink*. I only use "choice words" in person haha!

Scott and I took the kids to walk around Brick Pond today and came back to find my van window smashed in and my purse gone. All the time and energy and money in that purse is gone. Hundreds of dollars in coupons--gone. That, by the way, will mess up the budget for a couple months. Grrrr! $150 cash--gone. That was my monthly "allowance" and grocery money. I was so looking forward to taking that money and shopping for a $20 dress from Target. Speaking of Target, I had a list of stuff to buy with all my coupons for the trip. Most of what I was going to get would be free after coupons. Gone. Cell phone--gone. Credit cards, debit cards, social security card (they really are serious when they say not to keep that in your wallet), gift cards--gone. Dumbies only wanted the money, obviously. They haven't used the phone or the cards. I mean, they could have just taken the money and left everything else. And if they would have looked 6 inches from the purse in a compartment they would have found money that was to be deposited. Idiots. Now we have to get a new window too. I am trying to have the mindset of "it is just a purse, yada yada yada, we are healthy, yada yada yada." But I am just so furious and feel so violated.

2 comments:

Ashley B said...

Oh Shannon, that sucks! My sister had her purse stolen on Black Friday and was heartbroken because she had lots of Keagen stuff in there that will never be replaced :(

Amy said...

I am so sorry. It does stink. My husband is replacing everything in his wallet this week. Guys have it easier though because they don't carry as much as us girls :) Luckily his only took a few phone calls, but still frustrating.
Hugs,
Amy