Wednesday, October 22, 2008

A few confessions

One, I am scared about adding another baby to our family. We are sending off paperwork this week and have been told that it will probably go fast. With Jordan we waited 2.5 months. We were approved mid May and brought her home August 1. I am just not ready to get the call that goes a little somthing like this: "Shannon, we have a baby for you. He/she is due tomorrow." Can you see why this would be a little stressful on a person? haha! I am also not ready for the lack of sleep. I am not ready for that at all! In fact, it terrifies me. I am not normal without sleep. I learned that with Jordan. But with Jordan I could nap when she napped. I could put her in the swing and nap if I needed to. But not this time around. On the other hand, I am so ready for the cuddles and coos that babys make when they eat. I love eating noises! Well, I don't love the noise of blowouts that are sure to follow. But oh how I love little baby grunts.

Okay, for my second confession, I am dying for some junk food. For dinner tonight I ate one of those snowball things. You know them...the pink half circle things that have coconut and marshmellow on the outside. To add insult to injury with regards to my dinner, I think I am goint to eat the other snowball now. It is 11:00. Hips, don't kill me later.

Lastly, I really have taken pictures for my photo of the day. I am just too lazy to upload them :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ooooh, I can't wait for you to bring #2 home! You'll get to join the 2008 board! And the land of sleep deprivation! And learn the joys of two under two-and-a-half! But it will be worth it :)

And what? Only one snowball? You've got to at least eat the whole pack before you start beating yourself up. I ate six cookies tonight under the guise of nursing and "needing more calories."