Jordan's newest favorite game is to run away from me when I am trying to get her dressed. To her grandma bob, this is cute. To me, not so cute. So the other day she was running away as usual. When I grabbed her I dressed her really fast then told her she needs to obey or she will get hurt. Of course she has no idea what the word "obey" means, but I am using it multiple times a day now anyway. She will learn it eventually, or so I hope. So yesterday she runs away and resumes the game. I grabbed her, dressed her, and walked away. Two seconds later I heard a loud thud and a cry. Because she was trying to run even after I dressed her she fell and hit her head. I gently reminded her (after consoling her) that I don't want to be a kill joy. I ask her to obey so she won't get hurt. Then God ever so quietly reminded me that this is why he asks me to obey too. His guidelines are for my good, not just to restrict my life.
Deuteronomy 6:1-3 "These are the commands, decrees, and laws the Lord God directed me to teach you to observe...so that you, your children, and their children after them may fear teh Lord...so that you may enjoy long life...so that it may go well with you."
Random thought for the day: I am getting a little tired of people wondering what a stay-at-home mom does. The insinuation is that I don't do anything. So if I don't do anything, why am I so tired at the end of the day? There is no need to give anyone a run down of my daily schedule. I don't feel the need to justify myself in that way. But what I do feel the need to say is that even though staying home is the hardest thing I have ever done, it is so worth it. I am molding a child's heart. That cannot be done by anyone else. No daycare worker can do this. No in home sitter can do this. God created me to do this. I am thankful I am able to stay home and do this. Many women would love to be able to be at home with their children but can't. Thanks Lord for this blessing! Thanks Scott for making it possible!
1 comment:
Amen on the stay-at-home thought!! And Amen to incredible husbands that put up with lots of junk so that we can do it!
Post a Comment