
I have been singing this song to Jordan since she was a newborn. It has always had a calming effect on her. I sing it whenever I need her to calm down from a tantrum, when we are bored in the car, or when she is in the bath and I need to comb her hair (not an easy job). So yesterday I heard her singing it. To my surprise she got just about every word right! Jesus Loves Me is such a simple childhood song. But the truth in it is so profound. We are weak but he is strong. The Bible tells us over and over how loved we are. etc...It was a small but very cool moment for this mom. The truth is sinking in. Slowly but surely she is learning about our savior. In six months she will be asking questions. I can't wait!
It also taught me another very important lesson. Songs like "Low" by FloRida are out for sure haha! I am embarassed to say that when that song was popular she knew a few (or more) of the words. It was easy to rationalize because she was so young. Surely she didn't know what she was saying, right? Whether that is true or not doesn't change the fact that she needs to learn things that will encourage her little spirit and not weigh it down. Ugh. Well, it will be the first of many mistakes on my part I'm sure. Good thing God is sovereign.
It also taught me another very important lesson. Songs like "Low" by FloRida are out for sure haha! I am embarassed to say that when that song was popular she knew a few (or more) of the words. It was easy to rationalize because she was so young. Surely she didn't know what she was saying, right? Whether that is true or not doesn't change the fact that she needs to learn things that will encourage her little spirit and not weigh it down. Ugh. Well, it will be the first of many mistakes on my part I'm sure. Good thing God is sovereign.
No comments:
Post a Comment